Prevent Security Risks with Automated Roles Management
Enterprise Roles Manager (EAM™)
Today many organizations manually maintain changes to security privileges that enable role-based access controls (RBAC) to critical business information systems. The downside: the manual management of roles does not simulate or prevent security risks that can result in cyber attacks and audit findings. Roles are requested and assigned to users using high-level descriptions from catalogs that are often outdated or inaccurate.
ERM automates the roles management process and prevents security risks by simulating the risk based on changes to fine-grained privileges and reporting security risks to assigned security and control owners through a closed-loop workflow for approval. Customers using advanced analytics in ERM, experience a significant reduction in security incidents and audit findings with better insight into the inherent RBAC risks - making ERM a key component of the access management process.
Gartner Analysts state in the latest Market Report for IGA published in July 2022 “By 2025, over 40% of organizations will be using identity governance and administration (IGA) analytics and insights from IGA tools as part of a wider identity fabric to reduce security risks across their identity and access management estate.”
ERM™ allows you to automate role design and simulate security before violations get introduced into Roles and Privileges granted to users in IT systems. Following are the key capabilities that SafePaaS customers can adopt with ERM:
- Discover role entitlements by scanning access to application privileges and data using the security structure of your business application
- Improve application security and user productivity with effective role design
- Configure application security components by including new access rights to excluding existing security rights
- Limit user access to data by applying security rules, profile options, and personalization based on data role, privileges, organizational unit, and other security attributes available within the business application
- Prevent unauthorized security changes using workflows to ensure that any changes to role design are reviewed and approved by the authorized manager before releasing those changes for user assignment
Read more about Roles Manager HERE or contact us for more information and a tailored demo.